• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Peanut liqueur?

lemniscate

Does anyone know of a peanut liqueur available in the states? I'm not looking for a creme liqueur, I'd like a clear one. I see references to "peanut liqueur" but no brand names. I'm game to try to infuse something at home. Do you think just tossing crushed peanuts in clear alcohol would give any drinkable mixable results?

The Castries is itself a bottled version of the Peanut Punch traditional in many parts of the West Indies. There are a couple of interesting cocktails on the producer's website - most interesting may be the combination with an once of tawny port.

Castries sounds very good, unfortunately it looks like there's no distribution to the Western US yet. But I googled Peanut Punch and with a little white rum, it looks pretty easy to make at home.

I was thinking it would go well in hot chocolate for a winter warming adult beverage. It would probably be a very rich drink though. :wink: