• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for Pre-cut Parchment Paper

Porthos

In another topic Snowangel mentioned buying parchment paper that is already pre-cut to a half-sheet size. I went to my local (Anaheim, CA) restaurant supply store asking for it and they didn't have it. I called another store that I frequent and they said they had a thicker re-usable parchment paper but it doesn't sound like what I am looking for.

Can anyone tell me where I (the general public - not a restaurant professional) can find this in Orange County, the eastern end of LA county or the inland empire. Holiday cookie baking is upon us and I'd much rather have pre-cut flat sheets than to keep cutting off pieces of parchment from a roll since they don't like to lay flat.

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

For years I have gotten half-sheet parchment from the King Arthur Flour Baker's Catalogue at a not-bad price for 100, in an easy-to-store tube.

Recently noticed at Smart & Final half-sheet baking paper of some kind, not in a tube, but haven't investigated further to see if it is a cheaper and viable replacement.

Priscilla

Writer, cook, & c. ●  Twitter

I don't know specifics about Orange County or Smart & Final, but if you know anyone who owns or works in a restaurant/bakery/convenience store or any other business that deals with food service suppliers, ask them if they'd order a case for you. They come 1,000 sheets to a case. I pay around $37.00 wholesale; you should expect to pay a little more. Split it with your friends.

Ilene

I buy from this ebay vendor

I figure what I pay in postage, I save in gas because I have to drive 120 miles round trip to pick stuff up in the valley.

200 sheets at this price is a bargain.

There is a cake decorating supply place in Orange County, (at the moment the name excapes me) that sells cut sheets, rounds, etc., but I will have to hunt for the name and location. If I can find it, I will post again in a little while. You might try your yellow pages and look for cake decorating and candy making supplies.

Michael's used to carry boxes of 100 sheets, but I haven't seen it recently in the store up here.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Call this place and ask if they carry it.

The place in Santa Ana is

Orange Novelty cake supplies

Edited by andiesenji (log)

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Check for full sheet pan sized parchment paper too. I get it in the Midwest at Gordan Food Service and the full sized sheets are folded in half over a piece of heavy cardboard, so all you have to do is cut them along the fold to make half sheet sized. I pay around $4.50 for 50 full sheets (100 half sheets). Another advantage is sometimes I find I need a larger piece to line some of longer loaf pans, so starting with a full sheet works out better.

Yeah, I have a box of full-size parchment sheets that has been living on top of my fridge (under the cabinet over it) for years. I got rid of my big oven (Blodgett) a couple of months ago and haven't decided if I am going to replace it with another (smaller) that will hold full sheet pans.

I figure I have enough parchment to last the rest of my life.

In the northwest is a chain of restaurant supply grocery and supply stores called "Cash and Carry".  I saw 1000 sheet boxes of full size sheets for about $28 last week there.

I was looking for the small rolls.

One of those sheets, cut in half, is a pretty good size for a regular, home-oven size baking sheet (ie: half the size of a full sheet pan).

I buy from this ebay vendor

I figure what I pay in postage, I save in gas because I have to drive 120 miles round trip to pick stuff up in the valley.

200 sheets at this price is a bargain. 

There is a cake decorating supply place in Orange County, (at the moment the name excapes me) that sells cut sheets, rounds, etc., but I will have to hunt for the name and location.  If I can find it, I will post again in a little while.  You might try your yellow pages and look for cake decorating and candy making supplies.

Michael's used to carry boxes of 100 sheets, but I haven't seen it recently in the store up here.

Thanks for the link Andi. I've been looking for parchment sheets myself. I'm sick of dealing with the rolls of parchment from the grocery store. I ordered 2 lots( 400 sheets) and I still only paid 8.95 for shipping. Btw, I had this sent to my address in MI, she doesnt ship to Canada.

Thanks for the link Andi.  I've been looking for parchment sheets myself.  I'm sick of dealing with the rolls of parchment from the grocery store.  I ordered 2 lots( 400 sheets) and I still only paid 8.95 for shipping.  Btw, I had this sent to my address in MI, she doesnt ship to Canada.

If that doesn't work out, check out GFS (Gordan Food Service) on one of your trips to Michigan. I think you mentioned you cross over at Port Huron, and it looks like there are a few GFS stores in that area: http://gfs.know-where.com/gfs/ They are open to the public and carry all sorts of restaurant supplies. In addition to what the stores carries, they can also order tons more stuff from their catalog.