• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Homemade Grandtully Liqueur

Linda Rose

My favorite after dinner liqueur--Grandtully has been removed from Michigan's minimum price list, which means that the stores can't get it any more. :sad:

This liqueur tastes like Scotch, vanilla and sugar mixed together.

Has anyone out there tasted this? and any ideas on how to make my own?

My favorite after dinner liqueur--Grandtully has been removed from Michigan's minimum price list, which means that the stores can't get it any more.  :sad:

Not really sure, but isn't it with honey?

My favorite after dinner liqueur--Grandtully has been removed from Michigan's minimum price list, which means that the stores can't get it any more.  :sad:

Not really sure, but isn't it with honey?

Possibly. I think I'll have to experiment on a recipe. Honey sounds good.

• 12 years later...

Well If you are still following, first off it is back in MI.  I just got some the other day.  Second it is very similar to Drambuie, but has a strong honey component.  I havent side by sided them but my impression is that Dambuie is slightly less sweet, more anise and no or a lot less honey.