• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ramsaywatch UK

what like the turbot and lemongrass dish ? :laugh:

can be no bad thing to have a ( i assume) well funded chef with a burning desire to get 3*.

my first and only petrus meal was an early meal at the old site and it was superb, hopefully he can recreate some of that magic. mmm pigs trotter in consomme, pork belly, and tarte tatin to finish, credit to them as my memory of meals nowadays is poor so for that to stick in my mind it must have been great.

you don't win friends with salad

mmm pigs trotter in consomme, pork belly, and tarte tatin to finish, credit to them as my memory of meals nowadays is poor so for that to stick in my mind it must have been great.

Pork then pork? Sounds weird.

mmm pigs trotter in consomme, pork belly, and tarte tatin to finish, credit to them as my memory of meals nowadays is poor so for that to stick in my mind it must have been great.

Pork then pork? Sounds weird.

mmmmm pork!

"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man

Is the whole Wareing/Ramsey not all a bit second generation Ramsey/MPW?? The protege breaks away from the mentor in a blaze of angry swear words, with the motivation to show he is just as good or even better.

In ten years time Marcus Wareing will either be holding the most Michelin stars in the world or starring in Hells Kitchen 2018. :smile:

Is the whole Wareing/Ramsey not all a bit second generation Ramsey/MPW?? The protege breaks away from the mentor in a blaze of angry swear words, with the motivation to show he is just as good or even better.

I was thinking the same. And of course this is the standard practice for PR these days: slag off a high profile chef, or say something controversial (eg Santi Santamaria's latest rant) and watch the column inches flood in.

It's a great spectator sport though.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest news I heard is that Pétrus will close and move out of the Berkeley hotel, reopening in a nearby location early 2009, but remaining within the Ramsay group. This is how a lady of the central Ramsay reservation bureau explained it to me over the phone. Looks like Wareing will not be able to keep the name Pétrus if he plans to reopen his own restaurant at the Berkeley hotel.

The latest news I heard is that Pétrus will close and move out of the Berkeley hotel, reopening in a nearby location early 2009, but remaining within the Ramsay group. This is how a lady of the central Ramsay reservation bureau explained it to me over the phone. Looks like Wareing will not be able to keep the name Pétrus if he plans to reopen his own restaurant at the Berkeley hotel.

Well my bet it it'll called "Marcus Wareing at the Berkeley"

Just a hunch...

What will be interesting will be whether the two stars follow MW, petrus, neither or both...

J

More Cookbooks than Sense - my new Cookbook blog!