• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Japanese Hibachi

scarlet knight

I wanted to take a group of 12 to a Japanese hibachi restaurant. I previously took a group of them to Dai Kichi on Valley Road and Alvin Place in Montclair, but when I called them for a reservation, the woman said they don't have hibachi tables.

I find it hard to believe they would take these out. They had them a couple of years ago. Did I have a language barrier problem? Is there another hibachi place in this area? We're going with 6 kids and they find it entertaining.

There used to be a place right near Mitsuwa in Edgewater...let me see if I can come up with the name for you. Are you willing to travel that far?

ETA: Here you go! It's right behind Mitsuwa.

Matsushima

595 River Rd # 100

Edgewater, NJ 07020-1104

(201) 945-9450

I'm not seeing a web page, but I also didn't search for long.

How did we EVER live without Google?!? :biggrin:

Edited by Curlz (log)

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Curlz, this is with a minivan caravan of 12 people, so Edgewater is too far. We are having a bad day. We were supposed to be going to The Lion King in NYC and we were going to Cascina on Ninth after, but we got shut out by the stagehand strike.

I'm now leaning towards Al Di La, which I think would make the kids happy (ages 4-10).

Thanks for your fast response. Looking forward to a Crave outing!

Major bummer, I'm sure, SK! Hope you find something entertaining for them! (But hey--at least RU won last night...the weekend's not a total loss, right?) :biggrin:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

I have been going to Dai Kichi for many years and I do not recall that they ever had hibachi tables. I just had lunch there this week and the traditional Japanese food was excellent. I wonder if you have it confused with another restaurant.