• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Match a Meal to these MA schools

dimsumfan

Traveling through the state next week, and looking for best recommendations for interesting/unique/perhaps hole-in-the-wall eatery near the following schools:

Berkshire Community College (Pittsfield): lunch

MIT (Cambridge): breakfast

U MA - Lowell: lunch or dinner

Curry College (Milton): lunch

Worcester Polytechnic Institute: lunch or dinner

Wheaton College (Norton): lunch or dinner

Thanks!

I came across your inquiry on the way to posting about the remarkable hole-in-the-wall Colombian restaurant La Fogata in Pittsfield. Keep it in mind in case you leave before I post the details. To my mind it's the best in the Berkshires, no doubt about it.

Thanks, Robert. Great recommendation - I went today! Exactly what I was looking for... hole-in-the-wall, ethnic, and special. I ordered a sampler platter for lunch and enjoyed lots of tastes of Columbia. Spoke with Miguel, owner/chef - nice guy.

I came across your inquiry on the way to posting about the remarkable hole-in-the-wall Colombian restaurant La Fogata in Pittsfield. Keep it in mind in case you leave before I post the details. To my mind it's the best in the Berkshires, no doubt about it.

Traveling through the state next week, and looking for best recommendations for interesting/unique/perhaps hole-in-the-wall eatery near the following schools:

Berkshire Community College (Pittsfield): lunch

MIT (Cambridge): breakfast

U MA - Lowell: lunch or dinner

Curry College (Milton): lunch

Worcester Polytechnic Institute: lunch or dinner

Wheaton College (Norton): lunch or dinner

Thanks!

Right next foor to Lowell is Tyngsboro. In Tyngsboro is the Stonehedge Inn. They have a great restaurant and wine list. Being an inn, they could also put you up for the night. The cost is on the expensive side, but better than everything else in the surronding cities.

It has been too long since I've eaten in the Worcester area so I can't help you there. The (123?) Chop house is reportedly good. Shrewsbury reportedly has a few good places (Willie's steak house but I've not eaten there).

Dan