• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vin

Chef Patternotte, who runs Vin in Baltimore is now opening a second restaurant in my hometown, Kansas City. The new restaurant, younger sibling to Vin, is appropriately named Vinino. It will be opening in our new Power & Light District next Friday, November 16. Although there is a sample menu up for Vinino, and I've looked at Vin's menu online as well, I really can't get a sense of whether this is a serious(ly good) Italian restaurant to be excited about, or just another average semi-commercialized trendy spot with decent food.

I'd love to hear about Vin, if anyone in your neck of the woods would like to share.

Thanks!

Notes to Admins: There may be an existing Vin thread. However, I have yet to learn how to conduct an eGullet search with words consisting of only three letters or less. Please merge as you see fit.

Edited by ulterior epicure (log)

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

I'd love to hear about Vin, if anyone in your neck of the woods would like to share.

First the trick to searches is to put 4 letters in. So for Vin put in Vino, for tea, put in teas. Usually (but not always) it works.

Now about Vin, not from me, but according to my daughter, it's a young-person's place which she indicated I would probably be turned off by the din and food. I go by it periodically en route to Trader Joe's and always look in and at the menu and it looks ok, in fact, kinda cool.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

• 2 weeks later...

My girlfriend and some friends took me to vin for my birthday last year and I was not impressed. The restaurant looks very nice its big its open and colorful. The Bouillabaisse was boring under seasoned. The dessert menu was the only good thing about the place.( World's Tiniest Dessert Menu $2 each)

Mediocre at best