• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

White Peach Puree?

I'm going to be hosting a birthday cocktail party at the end of November. I know white peaches are not in season, but thought that a Bellini would be great surprise drink for the birthday girl. Is it possible to buy white peach puree anywhere?

Yeah, I really love the Boiron products...Mmmmmm...

John DePaula
formerly of DePaula Confections
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”

Haven't tried the White Peach yet, but it's on my list. Let us know how you like it, if you buy some.

Cheers.

P.S. Kerry, how did you like it?

John DePaula
formerly of DePaula Confections
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”

Haven't tried the White Peach yet, but it's on my list.  Let us know how you like it, if you buy some.

Cheers.

P.S. Kerry, how did you like it?

John, I really did like the white peach. Nice clean peach flavour. Used it in centers and pates de fruit and was very happy with it.

Boiron makes a white peach puree.  I have bought it from Qzina.

I see that there is a Qzina in BC. However, I'm unsure if it's a consumer retail store or warehouse only dealing in commercial sales?

Call them and ask. The Qzina in Toronto will sell to non wholesale accounts.

Qzina will sell to non wholesale customers. This is a non retail location. Nothing pretty to look at. We have bought stuff from them in the past. The fruit line is on-line . We bought some of the fruit products as well as cocao butter and they are special ordering PCB transfers.

Call and order ahead of time and bring your Visa.. :biggrin: They will accept cash too.

Edited for spelling

Edited by Lancelot (log)

If it's slower than me.

Dumber than me.

And tastes good.

Pass the salt.

Anthony Bourdain

It was quite a while ago (like 2 years) but I have seen Boiron purees at Meinhardt's.

Support your local farmer

Currently reading:

The Art of Simple Food by Alice Waters

Just finished reading:

The 100-Mile Diet by Alisa Smith & J. B. MacKinnon

Thanks everyone for your help. I was in Richmond today so I gave Qzina a call. They had it in stock so I drove down there and picked it up. It was much cheaper than I thought, at ~$11/kilo. I also found the staff very friendly which suprised me, since it's obvious they're setup for large order business sales, but they still welcomed my measily one kilo purchase.