• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ritz Carlton Chocolate Buffet

kosoffj

Anyone been recently? I did a search and all the posts were 3+ years old. I am going tonite with my whole family to use up some gift certificates purchased by my sister last christmas and to celebrate my other sisters wedding this weekend and her fiance's 30th birthday. Just wanted to know what to expect, how good is it? should i skip dinner?

thanks for the help! :biggrin:

Anyone been recently? I did a search and all the posts were 3+ years old. I am going tonite with my whole family to use up some gift certificates purchased by my sister last christmas and to celebrate my other sisters wedding this weekend and her fiance's 30th birthday. Just wanted to know what to expect, how good is it? should i skip dinner?

thanks for the help!  :biggrin:

I went about three years ago.

I thought the view was beautiful.

sadly, i don't remember any tastes and flavours, but everything looked very beautiful. and then the aforementioned view.

i was as greedy as i could be, but just don't remember much. this is not a good sign. but it was a long time ago. and its kinda chilly, good weather for snarfing up chocolate and pastry.......

let us know how it is, i'm curious as might want to revisit.

Marlena the spieler

www.marlenaspieler.com

sadly, i don't remember any tastes and flavours, but everything looked very beautiful. and then the aforementioned view.

i was as greedy as i could be, but just don't remember much. this is not a good sign. but it was a long time ago. and its kinda chilly, good weather for snarfing up chocolate and pastry.......

I went there about five plus years ago for it. It looked a lot better than it tasted to be honest with you (think more style than substance....)

I went there about five plus years ago for it. It looked a lot better than it tasted to be honest with you (think more style than substance....)

ugh bluehens fan that is what i was afraid of. well i will report back either way

ugh bluehens fan that is what i was afraid of. well i will report back either way

Sorry...I just call 'em as I taste 'em. The Ritz Carlton has done this thing in past winters where they make pretty decent hot chocolate though (granted not nearly as good as the Naked Chocolate Cafe a few blocks away) if it helps.

we had a nice time.

it was 24.95, i wouldn't say it was worth it, meaning no way the 7 of us ate 175$ worth of food or even close. i thought the pastries were just ok. they had the chocolate fountain which was good, and lots of fruit and things to dip, and a gentelman was making fresh filled crepes.

All in all i'd say the quality of the desserts was good. The atmosphere is beautiful (esp for us celebrating 2 very special occasions), nice music beautiful room. The value, eh. 25$ is alot for dessert and we each had a drink with it (not included) so all in all it came to 250 + tip for seven people to have desserts and 1 drink, kind of a pricey evening. Nice to try but i don't think i'll rush back