• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pies in Phoenix

hi again,

sorry for the recent flurry of activity here, please feel free to return the favor if any of you find yourselves near amsterdam....

my question this time: can anyone recommend a good, honest old-timey bakery in town that does homestyle pies? cherry, blueberry, pecan, lemon meringue, etc.

by honest and junk-free, i mean not made in a factory using 25 ingredients....

thanks!

mark

If you're able to travel and want to sightsee, just a bit over the border (remember "a bit" means a long way in this part of the world) there is a town in New Mexico called Pie Town...and I assure you that they have a lot of homemade pies.

If you're able to travel and want to sightsee, just a bit over the border (remember "a bit" means a long way in this part of the world) there is a town in New Mexico called Pie Town...and I assure you that they have a lot of homemade pies.

thanks, gfron1, but.....I don't think I can get away with borrowing the car for that long.

yes, i'm 38 years old and asking mom for the car keys....sigh.