• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

9 minutes ago, GRiker said:

I'm looking for a second pan for my newly acquired melter. tcfsales.com lists the Pan Dimensions: 325 x 265 x 100 mm.  A 1/2 size restaurant pan is 325 x 265 and I can get a 4 inch or ~100mm deep.  Any reason I shouldn't buy a restaurant pan for $10 instead of the extra pan listed for $55?

Check the fit, you may be able to get away with it.  The corner radius might be different.  I have a couple of deeper ones that fit and even allow me to work with more than 6 kg. 

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

7 minutes ago, GRiker said:

I'm looking for a second pan for my newly acquired melter. tcfsales.com lists the Pan Dimensions: 325 x 265 x 100 mm.  A 1/2 size restaurant pan is 325 x 265 and I can get a 4 inch or ~100mm deep.  Any reason I shouldn't buy a restaurant pan for $10 instead of the extra pan listed for $55?

Check the fit, you may be able to get away with it. I have a couple of deeper ones that fit and even allow me to work with more than 6 kg.