• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fortunato's in Lyndhurst

jpr54_

If they did, that's VERY recent. As in, within the 7-10 days.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

I drove by last night and there were some lights on in the dining room, but since they've been closed on Mondays, that's par for the course. There were lights on upstairs, though.

I googled up their phone number; it goes to an answering machine that identifies itself as Fortunato's. I just called right now, so they might not be open for lunch yet, but I'll try again later.

I hope this is just a case of sign repair. I'll cry for weeks if Fortunato has closed. ;-;

"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside" -Mark Twain

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock 'n roll." -Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of The Legend of Zelda, circa 1990

They were open as of Friday night. I had a dinner reservation that I had to cancel because my husband was stuck down in South Jersey until midnight.

I didn't think that Fortunato was open for lunch anymore - unless they had reopened.

Susan

They closed on Saturday...it was sold 3 weeks ago but they stayed open for some catering contracts

Jeff will begin construction of a new place in Montclair in Dec...so it says here

http://njmg.typepad.com/foodblog/2007/11/f...nato-in-ly.html

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

Great. Just what Lyndhurst needs-another pizzeria. Unless it's A Mano, which I (sadly) know it isn't, why would anyone open ANOTHER pizzeria in this town?!? :huh:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

D:

This sucks. It's gonna be tough choosing Montclair places now... there's so many I haven't tried yet. Jeff's new place will be my first pick, of course, but it's sad seeing one of the best places in Jersey close, double that since it was so local and wonderful.

"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside" -Mark Twain

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock 'n roll." -Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of The Legend of Zelda, circa 1990