• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Knife carrying cases

OrleansAg

I have a Mercer brand knife carrying case for my knives (have assorted brand knives in it, but nothing abnormally sized) that I have from my culinary school set. It's a good solid case, but I was curious if others in the field could recommend some cases that were a little more interesting that the basic black one. Thanks!

I use a Craftsman tool box i bought at Kmart for $10. I find it easier to get stuff out of it than a roll up style case. LOL, plus i can carry a bottle of hot sauce in it.

R.I.P.

Johnny Ramone

1948-2004

www.RAMONES.com

I find thsoe soft kits annoying - I have two tool boxes - a Kobalt and a Craftsman that I got at Sears or Lowes....I had a tool pouch thing that was heavy cnavas and well - one of my knives cut through the bottom and was hanging out with the only thing holding it was the handle! don't get too crazy though - the heavy metal boxes are heavy without knives!