• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Teen Age Beer Breath Cover Up

Varmint

The hangover cure thread made me think of what we did to cover up our beer breath when we were out drinking unbeknownst to our parents.

We always went to McDonalds, ate a boatload of fries, and followed that up with half a pack of orange Bubble Yum. This worked 2 out of 3 times!

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

you're a parent now, right? do you *really* think you were getting over?

i remember me and a couple of other morons used to bring a big plastic cup of beer into calc class every morning during our summer session. we thought it was clever and that no one would be on to us...until one day the professor, out of nowhere, blurted out "mr. tommy, if you'd get your face out of that cup of beer you might actually start to understand this stuff." so much for being clever.

The worst I was ever busted (other than the time I threw up while I was sleeping, but I don't want to go there), was when I tried to sneak in the back door. My parents were having a dinner party and had over the CEO of the bank where my dad worked. As I was heading up the back stairs, my mom called me into the dining room telling me she wanted to meet some people. I calmly walked in, knowing my stability was questionable. Thus, I did the smart thing and reached for a chair to lean against. Unfortunately, I missed and ended up falling flat on my face.

My parents were the only ones not laughing (myself included). I'm not sure if that delayed my dad's promotion or not.

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

I use to come home, sneak into the kitchen grab anything that was in the fridge and devour it, drink several glasses of water, run to the bathroom and brush my teeth, then go say goodnight to them.

Of course you have to time that correctly, so that you are late enough that your parents are in bed, but not so late that they are livid about you being late..

of course .. that was so many years ago now I can barely remember it :unsure:

Mouthwash followed by some kind of candy that was peanut butter based. Then another round of mouthwash.

Later on in life I learned that a strong cough drop is your best bet. The odor of alcohol comes from your stomach so mouthwash and gum temporarily kill the odor in the mouth, but the constant odor emanating from the stomach ultimately will overpower the gum and mouthwash. A cough drop penetrates your stomach so it will eliminate the odor before it makes it into your mouth. At least that is what I heard.

The Man, The Myth

TapItorScrapIt.com

This is too easy: peanut butter.

We kept a tub of it in each of our cars. Scooped it onto our fingers, licked it off, and we were set.

But oops--then dad finds a half-rack of Milwaukee's Best in the trunk and throws it in the fridge. Nice greeting the next morning.

• 1 year later...

I never tried to cover up my breath when I drank, which was stupid. Now I now to cover it up with peanut butter. One time I got caught by the cops and I wreaked of vodka, clothes and breath, it was about 2am and I thought, why bother trying to cover up the smell of the alcohol, you would never get caught, HA! :laugh: I was so wrong! I was also stupid, I ran from them! Tips: Don't run from the cops (not that it mattered in my case, they were searching for me already), and it's always better to be safe than sorry, so cover up the smell no matter what. Oh, if anyone has any tricks that really, truly fool the cops breathalyser test, let me know, just in case. :blush: Ha, ha: PEANUT BUTTER!!! I love it, it's so brilliant.

P.S. I think this site is hilarious, Teen age beer cover up, it's great.

The hangover cure thread made me think of what we did to cover up our beer breath when we were out drinking unbeknownst to our parents.

We always went to McDonalds, ate a boatload of fries, and followed that up with half a pack of orange Bubble Yum.  This worked 2 out of 3 times!

This is too funny. I saw the title of this thread, and Bubble Yum popped into my head. Twins!

And I ALWAYS had Visine on me. Kept it with my stash down my pants.

Edited by elyse (log)