• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Harden's Award goes to The Westerly

Following on from last year's winners, Arbutus, The Westerly has won the excellence award in the Harden's UK Restaurant Guide 2008. There seems to be a swing to the more informal style establishment which, I have to say, is my preference.

Good article in today's Times

Harden's Winners

I remember Jay gave it a very good write up a few months ago.

egullet favourite El Gato Negro is a regional winner as well.

egullet favourite El Gato Negro is a regional winner as well.

:smile: Absolutely delighted for them- well deserved in my opinion. I may possibly have voted for them :wink:

Has anyone else who filled in the forms, contributing to this years Guide, received their copy yet?

Cheers Matt- I seem to remember getting an e-mail saying that they would be distrubuted in late October -so thought I may have missed out.

I have just opened the following message from Hardens:

"Thank you for participating in our annual restaurant survey. Over 8,000 people took part this year, giving us nearly 100,000 reports on meals eaten collectively over the preceding twelve months.

1) YOUR FREE GUIDE Your free guide -- which incorporates all the reviews both from our London guide and from our UK guide(published today) -- will be sent to you in the next couple of weeks."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any joy? I am still waiting.

My copy arrived in the post this lunchtime. (Anyone else remember when post was delivered in the morning?)

Its a combined London & UK guide. Labelled on the front cover as "Reporter Edition" and described with a quote from the Daily Mail as the "Restaurant lovers bible" .

On the back cover "Not for resale". No warning against giving it as a Xmas present though. :smile: