• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

FrancisFrancis Espresso Machine Issue

camigo

Greetings, I have been greatly enjoying the FrancisFrancis X5 given to me as a birthday present last year. I just had the unfortunate experience of my trusty machine literally raising its lid; the clock blew out as well as one of the indicator bulbs(which I still can't find). The entire steel top/casing has lifted up which save for the screws and bolts which held it (finally in place) might have come out completely. :shock: I had just switched the machine to the steam milk setting and had stepped out onto my deck and hadn't been out there longer than 30 seconds when this happened (so I heard a big "bang" and immediately came in, switching off the machine and unplugging it before I fully appreciated what had happened)...

In the last few weeks, I have noticed that when I steam milk, the machine has gotten a bit noisier, obviously with heating up sounds but this was an utter surprise.

I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this experience. I've written FrancisFrancis' customer service department.

thank you

Greetings, I have been greatly enjoying the FrancisFrancis X5 given to me as a birthday present last year. I just had the unfortunate experience of my trusty machine literally raising its lid; the clock blew out as well as one of the indicator bulbs(which I still can't find). The entire steel top/casing has lifted up which save for the screws and bolts which held it (finally in place) might have come out completely.  :shock: I had just switched the machine to the steam milk setting and had stepped out onto my deck and hadn't been out there longer than 30 seconds when this happened (so I heard a big "bang" and immediately came in, switching off the machine and unplugging it before I fully appreciated what had happened)...

In the last few weeks, I have noticed that when I steam milk, the machine has gotten a bit noisier, obviously with heating up sounds but this was an utter surprise.

I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this experience. I've written FrancisFrancis' customer service department.

thank you

You might want to check out Coffeegeek. I'm sure that someone there has had a similar experience.

Good luck!

Wow. I've had an X5 for about four years now and have never had any "major" problems like yours. But, I've found that FrancisFrancis/ILLY customer service not very consistent. You should contact their service company who I found to be very helpful and accessible. However, my machine was way out of warranty when I had to replace the boiler so I had to deal with them directly and they me if they wanted my business. But I would bet an email or phone call asking them what happened would be satisfying initially.

Cafewest

888-437-8340

Bode