• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Marchiano's

Tim Dolan

My goodness, a bag full of Marchiano's breads and NFL football on a gorgeous fall afternoon is truly one of life's simple pleasures. I needed to publicly express that. Marchiano's has been running Sunday specials and offering breads that aren't normally available. Today's special, bbq chicken cheesesteak, was a miss, but I'm happy that a previous special has cracked the normal lineup. What's better than a cheesesteak bread and a pepperoni bread by themselves you ask? Putting them together, of course! Aside from being so damn tasty any day of the week, Marchiano's has the added bonus of being in a class of it's own in my hangover cure Hall of Fame. So, so good. Just another reason I'm so happy I live in Philadelphia.

I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer...

Homer Simpson

For those of us who live in the sticks where do we find this yummy place?

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren

For those of us who live in the sticks where do we find this yummy place?

It's in Manayunk. You turn left after crossing the Green Lane bridge rather than right onto the main drag. There's a map on their webpage I linked above.

Here it is again. Marchiano's

Charlie, the Main Line Mummer

We must eat; we should eat well.