• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chili shopping in Phoenix

Hi all, apologies if this is somewhere already....I'm looking for a recommendation for where to find more unusual chiles in Phoenix, specifically I'm looking for Pasilla de Oaxacas (info here) for starters....

any info is appreciated....thanks!

Edited by markemorse (log)

Hi all, apologies if this is somewhere already....I'm looking for a recommendation for where to find more unusual chiles in Phoenix, specifically I'm looking for Pasilla de Oaxacas (info here) for starters....

any info is appreciated....thanks!

Check out the Ranch Market on Roosevelt, they seem to have a bunch or chiles...you can dine in the food court while you are there or hit the Welcome Diner for lunch

Edited by molto e (log)

Eliot Wexler aka "Molto E"

MoltoE@restaurantnoca.com

Mark,

Are you in Phx now?  Any plans to try Pizzeria Bianco?

You must so I can live vicariously thru you.  I lived in Phx for 2 yrs( before I was a foodie).  I can't believe I never ate there!!

hey randi...

yep! i'm in phoenix now...enjoying the ridiculously un-november-y weather....

i'm actually here for longer than i thought, another 3 full weeks, so i should definitely be able to get to pizzeria bianco...just have to synchronize with my dad's crazy work schedule...

and genny, thanks for the penzys rec...i'll post a report on whatever i end up with....

thanks all!

mark