• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

rehearsal dinner in northeast NJ?

coquille

can anyone make a suggestion about where to have a rehearsal dinner at the end of March up near Rockleigh, NJ? looking for a place (either the NJ or NY side - was wondering if there might be something in Tappan or Nyack?) that can handle ~80 people and that's not tacky but is not formal (if it were summer, we'd do a barbecue or something else fun and casual). food doesn't have to be awesome and definitely should not be a whole big production - not trying to compete with the wedding the next day, but some place with a good atmosphere.

i really don't know the area, so any help would be great, thanks!

I attended a wonderful rehearsal dinner at Esty Street which is in Park Ridge -

I have no idea on cost as I was a guest - I very much enjoyed a Caesar salad while my husband opted for the bisque (both outstanding) an assertively seasoned swordfish (my husband had a pasta dish) and a tri-selection of fruit sorbets --

Jan

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler