• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

chocolate spread

Lior

Hello. Does anyone have a fantastic choc spread recipe? I know Wybauw has one-page 228 I think. Did anyone make it? If so, did you use tempered chocolate or just melted choc? I was thinking of his fat based one with just PRA and dark choc. I am looking to cut down on the sweetness of nutella and of course, one that uses great dark choc.

Okay, so thanks!

Gale Gand has a very good recipe that I recently used.

4 ounces peeled toasted hazelnuts

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

2 tablespoons powdered sugar

1 tablespoon cocoa powder

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

12 ounces milk chocolate, chopped and melted

In a food processor, grind the hazelnuts into a paste. Add the oil, sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla and continue processing. Add the melted chocolate and blend well. Strain the mixture through a fine strainer to remove any large grains of nuts. The mixture will be thin and a little warm. Pour into a jar to let cool and thicken slightly. Keeps 1 month, covered, at room temperature.