• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The McRib is back!

jsmeeker

I've decided I won't buy the McRib unless I am heading home so I can doctor it up. It's far too messy to eat on the go/road trip and it, sadly, really needs some TLC these days to make it as palatable as it once was.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Toliver

here is a way to solve your problem:

materials :   1 I-Pot  a rack of BBR's, from the supermarket, hopefully on sale

methods :  IP those ribs plain, then de-bone, add your own perfect BBQ Sauce, broil.   get some of those squishy plain vanilla buns.

Done.

repeat any time.

Night becomes Day.

just saying

what a thought !

Edited by rotuts (log)

• 9 months later...
22 hours ago, scubadoo97 said:

Looks better than the trash they serve at McD's

22 hours ago, scubadoo97 said:

Really didn't mean to offend.  Your yum is my yuck and visa versa

No offense taken. And let's be honest: what one sees at McDonald's is a pretty low bar to clear. ;)

15 hours ago, ProfessionalHobbit said:

We had spareribs last week for dinner and brunch.  Bad timing, Dave. :P

But bookmarked for the future.  For research purposes....

Yeah, when I read that, I was about twenty minutes past finishing off some leftover ribs myself. But this might be one of next week's meals, just because I need a cooking project (and it does seem like a project) to amuse myself with.

• Like 4

Dave Scantland
Executive director
dscantland@eGstaff.org
eG Ethics signatory

Eat more chicken skin.

18 minutes ago, Dave the Cook said:

No offense taken. And let's be honest: what one sees at McDonald's is a pretty low bar to clear. ;)

Yeah, when I read that, I was about twenty minutes past finishing off some leftover ribs myself. But this might be one of next week's meals, just because I need a cooking project (and it does seem like a project) to amuse myself with.

If you are able, photos would be nice.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Yes, it's that time of year. It's supposed to be back at local McD's for a limited time.

• Like 1

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

@Toliver - I'll watch for it.  I think we missed it last year.  I am humbled to admit that once a year, I want one.  I further confess that last year I bought these and made my own.  Not quite the same, but I haven't thought about that sandwich again until seeing this post pop up.  😄

• Like 2