• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Any Cuban Bread In Morris or Northern Essex?

maddog5150

Greetings board,

Are there any places where I can buy Cuban bread either in Morris or northern Essex counties? I live in Roseland and would love to occassionally pick up some Cuban bread for sandwiches but don't feel like making the trek into Union City.

Suggestions?

I'd suggest that you go to Raul's Empanadas in Morristown, and ask him while you're indulging in his delicious treats! He makes Cuban sandwiches too (didn't know this until I was there recently and heard someone order them), so maybe he gets his bread locally. I know there are numerous restaurants up the hill from him (on Speedwell Ave) that have everything from Puerto Rican to Dominican names/flags/signage, so there may be something close by.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."