• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Suggestion Needed for Adults with Disabilty dinner

jtphjl

Friends - this is the e-mail Ireceived from a friend whose congregation is a welcoming place for Adults with Disabilities. She writes:

" Jan, can you help us, in Bergen County, Two groups, about 25 each, made up of people with disabilities - including wheelchairs, and their staff, who rarely have an opportunity to go out to eat due to cost, going out to dinner; one group on a Monday night - the other on a Thursday night. This seems to be a meat and potato group of people who also love ziti, pizza, and subs (and it goes without saying anything sweet). For this luxury I have been given a budget of about $15.00 per person to spend. Where would you take them, that they wouldn't normally have an opportunity to go - and of couse they would enjoy for a Christmas gathering? I really need some help here! "

I asked if she could switch to lunch, she said it was possible, not as easy, and I also recommended Casual Habana in Hackensack. Anyone have suggestions???

Thanks, Jan

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler

We went to dinner at a restaurant Tre dici. The former owner/chef of Al Di La from Montclair owns/runs it. It is okay..not bad, not great. However, when we were there, we saw a large group of adults with disabilities dining there. We guessed that they must have worked out a budget for the group. It is a large restaurant, and easy to park. Thirteen TRE Dici (201) 635-1350 1 Hoboken Rd, East Rutherford, NJ