• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

looking for taralli tips & recipes

HungryC

Just returned from Italy, where I picked up a taralli habit! As I am slowly eating my way through a delicious bag, I realize that I need to learn to make these suckers or I will suffer withdrawl pretty soon. I've briefly searched the web, poked through a few cookbooks, but I know that eGulleteers will have the straight skinny on taralli making. My gold standard were purchased from Forno Roscioli in Rome; the bag lists flour, olive oil, onions, and red wine as ingredients. They're somewhere between a cracker and a cookie in texture, not shiny, and don't taste as though they're yeasted. Has anyone out there experienced taralli success? Please share!