• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Maple Spirit

Morgan_Weber

While I doubt this is what you had in mind, Macallan makes a liqueur called Amber, which is a sweetened whiskey flavored with maple and pecan. I found the flavors overpowering, one-dimensional, and much to sweet, but many of my friends who don't appreciate Scotch loved it.

And while I'm not a fan of vodka in general, I was very pleasantly surprised by Vermont Gold's subtle but distinct maple edge and gentle sweetness.

• 1 month later...

A fraternity brother of mine developed a maple liqueur that he sells in Vermont. Check it out here--->Sapling Liqueur

It looks like it is only sold in Vermont. Having just learned about this today, I have not tried it yet...

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson