• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Simple Las Vegas Meal

We are eating at DB and Delmonico's when we go to Las Vegas over Xmas. We are meeting our grown kids(30) . They are not foodies so I try not to overwhelm them with three fancy meals. I thought something Italiam and not too over the top.. We did Red Square laast year and they loved that. They did not love Barlotta..I think they want one meal that is fun. I still want good food. Is there a place for us?

Although I have never eaten there, you might want to check out Nora's Cuisine. It's off the Strip on W. Flamingo Rd., west of the freeway, way past the Rio and Decatur but before Jones. If you drive on Flamingo past Rainbow, you went too far.

eG member Chris Cognac has been to the restaurant and liked it very much. Chris has that FN program on TV called Hungry Detective. Nora's was featured on the Las Vegas episode.

I hope this helps.

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...