• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pizza in Madrid

bergerka

Ok, people...this doesn't happen very often, but I am jonesin' for a serious pizza night. Where in Madrid can I get good 'za? I mean REALLY good pizza, not freaking TELEPIZZA, ok?

Gracias!

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

I really like a place down the street from us, Croccos (a Venozolano run spot, right across from Mercado de la Cebada in La Latina at Plaza de la Cebada, 9). You can eat there or call and get it to go. I like the Croccos (arugula, jamón, tomatoes, parmesan) the calzone are good, too.

I've run across some other good Argentine pizzarías sprinkled around Madrid. Not sure about the names, though I could get them next time I go by. Also there's a place in Ópera... Ouh... Babbo!. It has a woodburning oven, though I still prefer the pizzas at Croccos.

Edited by butterfly (log)

Ok, people...this doesn't happen very often, but I am jonesin' for a serious pizza night.  Where in Madrid can I get good 'za? I mean REALLY good pizza, not freaking TELEPIZZA, ok?

Gracias!

K

What, you don't want their German pizza, with yellow mustard and some kind of wurst?

There was an Italian chain that I enjoyed there, for its BBQ chicken pizza...but I really can't recall having any other Italian while I lived there. Tried looking for it via Google, but no luck...

ETA: Figured it out -- I knew it was part of VIPS. Gino's is the name. Again, it is a chain, but it isn't Telepizza :)

Edited by Reignking (log)

• 3 weeks later...

There is a place on C/Infantas in Chueca, it does a good selection of thin crust pizzas. I don't think it's a very comfortable place and it's a bt pricey, but the pizzas were good! I can't think of the name right now...Casa something I think.