• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Paris restaurant reviews with photos of dishes

John Talbott

I recently received the following from a member:

"Hi John-can you direct me to sites that have photos of dishes along with reviews of restaurants in Paris? I've been wading through the mass postings on egullet about Paris dining and have found some, but thought you could give me clearer direction to cut down on my searching time. Thanks for your help."

My reply (edited) was:

"You're right, it's hit and miss on photos with reviews on the eGullet France Forum. But our participants who are bloggers, for instance, usually have them. The newspapers like Figaroscope and magazines usually do storefronts or staff/chef photos and I cannot recall a repository for reviews with photos. Maybe other members can help."

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

As I explained somewhere else, I have pictures on my blog because ever since I added some, people started saying that it was well written and interesting. It is  :wink: and mostly adresses high-end dining.

I have a few on my blog as well. www.biscuitsbrioche.com. Look in "Paris" photos and check out the archived post from Nov. 12 - 18, 2007 for some Paris food info.

Julesy (Gypsy Foodist)

www.biscuitsbrioche.com

"It's So Beautifully Arranged On The Plate - You Know Someone's Fingers Have Been All Over It" – Julia Child