• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Coming to Toronto for 4 days on business

waylman

I'm coming to Toronto this Thursday for 4 nights on business and would like to know some good restaurants where I can dine solo? Maybe a good restaurant with a bar I can sit at? Mid-range recommendations would be most appreciated!

Could you please define what a good restaurant to dine solo at is, for you? You can dine solo at any restaurant... you're not going to find a restaurant in any city that is built around catering to diners eating alone and I've never seen a 1-top table. So what's your criteria? THEN, I can help ya out. But I always struggle to fill these requests because I have no idea what this means to that person.

Every good restaurant has a bar. As Gordon mentioned; just pick one. In which case, there are numerous (recent) threads about diners coming into Toronto and looking for good meal options on the first page alone. Those will, if not give you all the info you need, at least help you get your ideas a little more narrowed down. Because right now, if your only critera is a restaurant serving some tasty food with a bar, you've got about 2000 options.

prego da la piazza owned by micheal carlivale is a must if your looking for a fun bar you could eat at

its a little soffisticated yet the people are very welcoming

if you get there say to him from bruce in puerto vallarta

JK Wine Bar comes to mind. (Church and Front)

Any sushi place around will have the sushi bar. Head to Japango at Dundas and Elizabeth.

I could go on, but it depends on your willingness to travel and any budget constraints. Plus, I'm pretty sure they're in previous "where to eat in Toronto" threads. Just check those and the level of recommendation and then map them out in distance to your hotel.

foodpr0n.com 11/01/17: A map of macarons in Toronto // For free or for a fee - bring your bottle! corkagetoronto.com

JK Winebar, definitely. Bymark would be well-suited as well. In fact, Gordon's list is pretty much perfect (at least, I cant think of anything to add).

Oh, I might add Cava (inspired tapas). Oh, and for some of the best sushi in North America - Sushi Kaji. As well as Lee - an offshoot of Susur Lee's fine dining restaurant next door (incidentally called Susur). And my pick for bistro/casual is Biff's (after Red's).

Where you're staying puts you plop in the middle of the Toronto dining scene, so your choices are a plenty.

Edited by Bueno (log)