• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sweet Basil Cafe

Susan

A week or so ago I noticed a sign in their window that they are now open for breakfast. Was glad to hear that since I've enjoyed their lunches for years. Tried it this morning and had a wonderful Spanish Scramble with cheddar cheese, chorizo sausage, potatoes, tomatos w/a side of fruit. My husband had the classic pancakes. Since I live in West Orange, it's nice to now have a breakfast place in town.

Susan

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back from brunch and it was really terrific. We made plans with friends many weeks ago to have brunch and when I read here that Sweet Basils was opened for brunch I knew we had to try it. We were regulars there when they were open for dinner and are still sorry they aren't any longer.

Their brunch menu was large with many different omelet, benedict, pancake, waffle, and french toast choices. We each had something different and everyone loved what they ate.