• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO Rabbit in New Jersey

ejebud

D'Artagan has them and are cheaper. If you need, I could get them for you through the restaurant. I have to place a order with them Monday anyway so I could inquire on the price for you. We'd be able to meet also as I missed you when you ate at The Grill.

Lou

Eric while a few hotdogs at the Goffle grill or Clixes does not beat out meating Lou, just thought I would pass this place in Ridgewood/Wyckoff area to you alot of places that I have worked over the past 20 yrs have bought from here

goffle poultry

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

I know that Seabra's supermarket in Ironbound has whole skinned and cleaned rabbits. You could definitely order from there and they should be very reasonably priced.

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." ~Winston Churchill

Morels- God's gift to the unworthy human species

D'Artagan has them and are cheaper. If you need, I could get them for you through the restaurant. I have to place a order with them Monday anyway so I could inquire on the price for you. We'd be able to meet also as I missed you when you ate at The Grill.

Lou

YES!!! Lou. It would be great if you could have D'artagnan price out 14 Rabbits for me. Also, I'm sorry I missed you that evening, so I'd like to meet with you and discuss a future Les Marmitons event or at least give you an idea of what it's all about. Let me know when I should call you at the restaurant or PM me with info on how to contact you. Perhaps I'll come to the restaurant for lunch one day next week.

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

Lou

YES!!! Lou. It would be great if you could have D'artagnan price out 14 Rabbits for me. Also, I'm sorry I missed you that evening, so I'd like to meet with you and discuss a future Les Marmitons event or at least give you an idea of what it's all about. Let me know when I should call you at the restaurant or PM me with info on how to contact you. Perhaps I'll come to the restaurant for lunch one day next week.

I'll price them out for you Monday and let you know. I will order them for you if the price is right the follwing Monday for Tuesday's delivery. I'd love to check out a Les Marmiton's event, so let me know what's good for you.

I'll price them out for you Monday and let you know. I will order them for you if the price is right the follwing Monday for Tuesday's delivery. I'd love to check out a Les Marmiton's event, so let me know what's good for you.

Lou, If you want to attend the event on Tuesday March 15th at 5:30 PM in Union, let me know and I'll put you on the list under my membership. Then you can see first hand what happens at an event. Did you check out the intenational website? the New Jersey chapter's site?

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

Just as a back-up,

How far are you from Nyack, NY? Even though the farmers market is closed for the season, a livestock farmer from upstate NY goes there each Saturday afternoon for customers who can't live without his free-range meat. He sells rabbits for $4.50/pound. I'm sure you could e-mail him to ask for an order. dinesfarms@aol.com

Liz Johnson

Professional:

Food Editor, The Journal News and LoHud.com

Westchester, Rockland and Putnam: The Lower Hudson Valley.

Small Bites, a LoHud culinary blog

Personal:

Sour Cherry Farm.

This week's prices are $4.82 a pound for fryer rabbits. Let me know ASAP as my delivery's coming in on Friday and I can add to it tomorrow.

Lou

Lou,

I remembered that one of our members works "down neck" Newark. I as another possible source I asked him to hit a local "live" poultry market and he just emailed me the price of $4.00/# for fresh, as in recently alive as in, hopping the morning of my order being filled Rabbit!! I do so appreciate you stepping up to the plate and offering to help me out. May our paths cross again soon!!

Edited by ejebud (log)

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

• 2 years later...

A friend wants to make rabbit...anyone know of a market/butcher in the Montclair area where such a request could be satisfied? The little guys in our back garden just won't do the trick it seems... Thanks!

A friend wants to make rabbit...anyone know of a market/butcher in the Montclair area where such a request could be satisfied? The little guys in our back garden just won't do the trick it seems... Thanks!

You have several choices...

1. Go to Lopes Meat Market in the Ironbound (304 Walnut St Newark) CLOSED SUNDAYS!!

2. Corrado's Clifton

3. Barth's Market New Providence (I'd call this one first)

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

Thanks for putting that little ditty into my brain for the day, mzrb!

"We're gonna have roast rabbit...we're gonna have roast rabbit...we're gonna have roast..." AAAAACK! :laugh:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

"We're gonna have roast rabbit...we're gonna have roast rabbit...we're gonna have roast..."  AAAAACK!  :laugh:

Anyway I can help!!!

java script:emoticon(':biggrin:')

"We're gonna have roast rabbit...we're gonna have roast rabbit...we're gonna have roast..."  AAAAACK!   :laugh:

I must corrrect you dear; It's Woast Wabbit. :biggrin::wink:

You are sooo right! (And, please don't tell anyone that Me, The Editor wrote "anyway" instead of "any way."

sigh.

must have been the song agitating my brain.

(and thank you, Brant, for your kind offer below! )