• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Natal.Brazil

We are going to Natal Brazil for a conference next week and I wondered if there was anything special I should eat or any places that someone could recommend. We may not have a lot of free nights as my husband is the featured speaker but if we do I want to be ready.

• 3 months later...

natal is a great town. i've eaten at some great japanese restaurants there, don't recall the name though. in towns in the north east of Brazil it's always a great call to head to the beach, drive around until you see a shack-like restaurant and stop by. remember though, in Brazil people eat big meals at lunch and usually a sandwich or so at dinner so go during lunch time for the real experience.