• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ice Milan Gelateria

tommy

It's funny...I read about this place before it opened and did some work in Morris Cty this summer, fully intending to get over there, but never did. Friends who aren't particularly into food rave about it, but when I'm out there I can't help but go to Denville Dairy if I need an ice cream fix! I smell a field trip brewing. :biggrin:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

This is one of those deja vu moments. Eric and I went there over the summer and I could have sworn he posted about it. but I digress.

It was fairly new when we tried it. The gelato was yummy -- I had pistachio which really had that pistachio flavor. I don't remember what Eric had -- perhaps it was something coffeeish or the Bacio -- classic chocolate and hazelnut. He enjoyed his as well. they came in these cool cups -- not like the regular paper cups that ice cream comes in. The prices were not cheap, but the stuff was high quality.

My only eyebrow raising moment was that these guys on line right after us wanted gelato and then a cup of espresso. Neither of the girls behind the counter knew how to use the espresso machine. Both of them tried to figure it out but couldn't. It was taking them forever to try to help thes customers. Eric told them he knew how and they had him go behind the counter to give them a hand. Then the mom of one of the girls came in and she went to help to. I think the customer finally decided to have a cup of regular coffee instead.

The girls were nice though and the store was very new so hopefully by now they know who to work that machine.

We haven't had the chance to go back yet -- since we are not often in that area. But I would go back.

Yes--in the shopping center right near it...where Tuesday Mornings is. Along with a supermarket...used to be Foodtown; I think it's now a Pathmark. EASTbound side of Rt 10, in Whippany.

Edited by Curlz (log)

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

• 1 month later...
This is one of those deja vu moments. Eric and I went there over the summer and I could have sworn he posted about it. but I digress.

It was fairly new when we tried it. The gelato was yummy -- I had pistachio which really had that pistachio flavor. I don't remember what Eric had -- perhaps it was something coffeeish or the Bacio -- classic chocolate and hazelnut. He enjoyed his as well. they came in these cool cups -- not like the regular paper cups that ice cream comes in. The prices were not cheap, but the stuff was high quality.

My only eyebrow raising moment was that these guys on line right after us wanted gelato and then a cup of espresso. Neither of the girls behind the counter knew how to use the espresso machine. Both of them tried to figure it out but couldn't. It was taking them forever to try to help thes customers. Eric told them he knew how and they had him go behind the counter to give them a hand. Then the mom of one of the girls came in and she went to help to. I think the customer finally decided to have a cup of regular coffee instead.

The girls were nice though and the store was very new so hopefully by now they know who to work that machine.

We haven't had the chance to go back yet -- since we are not often in that area. But I would go back.

They have pumpkin pie flavored Gelato which is really good. They also made a pumpkin gelato pie for the fall season. looks yummy too.

They have pumpkin pie flavored Gelato which is really good. They also made a pumpkin gelato pie for the fall season. looks yummy too.

• 1 year later...