• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Liquid Glucose - buying in bulk/quantity

Mariam

Does anyone else have trouble buying liquid glucose in bigger quantities in england?

At present I can only buy small jars containing 140g of syrup from supermarkets and pharmacies. If anyone knows an online store that I could buy from but in larger quantities I would really appreciate your help...

so much to do so little time!

Mariam,

I buy glucose syrup from a confectionery supplier but minimum order levels are quite high. There are many cake decorating suppliers in the UK selling online and I have used these people piece of cake for a few things and they sell 450g tubs of liquid glucose.

If you are buying a lot of chocolate/sugar ingredients take a look at the Vantage House website.

our local chemist sells 450g tubs of liquid glucose, in amongst the clove oil and potassium permanganate tablets etc...

try asking at boots and so on, it should be readily available

Spam in my pantry at home.

Think of expiration, better read the label now.

Spam breakfast, dinner or lunch.

Think about how it's been pre-cooked, wonder if I'll just eat it cold.

wierd al ~ spam