• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Turkish Doner in Houston?

3kyp777

I've seen a few Turkish restaurants here and there in Houston while driving around

But is there a place that serves DONER? And I dont mean pasty mashed up doner, i want some real, quality Berlin-quality Doners that would make Attaturk drool

Is there such a place around here?

check out pasha restaurant in the village: http://www.epasha.com/index.htm

it's in a small house on university. white table cloths, pricier. their pita, hummus, and homemade yogurt is excellent.

istanbul is more of a lunch place, i prefer pasha for dinner.

"Our lives are not in the lap of the gods, but in the lap of our cooks."

-Lin Yutang, The Importance of Living, 1937

• 11 months later...

Southwest Houston is becoming quite an international neighborhood. Raindrop Turkish House just opened near me on W. Bellfort just off Beltway 8 and a few blocks away India House, also recently opened.

I was looking at Raindrop's website and see there us a Turkish Festival coming up the first weekend in November in front of City Hall. There will be food, of course, perhaps a good opportunity to check out various restaurant's offerings?

Edit: Correction - that's a Turkic Cultures Festival - the foods of several nations may be represented.

Edited by brucesw (log)