• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cafe tables & chairs

K8memphis

New? Used? Traditional? Contemporary? Do they all have to match?

If used, you might look at eBay or craigslist (depending on whether they have to match or not).

If new, I just bought my counter stools online (can't remember which site) by googling "counter stools". I would think a Google of "cafe table" would return quite a few results. Many places offer free shipping these days.

Feast then thy heart, for what the heart has had, the hand of no heir shall ever hold.

Thanks, Bekki. I never found much in the 30" department googgling. I didn't seem to be hitting the commercial sites or something. Never found much on ebay. But only needing three could be an issue too. Probably wasn't putting in the right search criteria or something.

Yes they need to match or at least harmonize with each other. And I wanted a honey color to add warmth. This is for a light grey stone foyer. The floor in the bookstore will be that deep red/brown wood color and there's a counter in the far corner of the foyer that same color. I thought tables that deep dark color would be too austere.

And if purchased on line, I wasn't sure how the tables 'felt' y'know what I mean? I was fixing to contact some local cafe's corporate offices to inquire.

However however however, would you believe I found perfect darker honey colored 30 inch table with two chairs for A HUNDRED BUCKS??!! I quickly got three sets stuffed into my little car. Hey, it's not teak or redwood ok. But it was perfect nonetheless.

Oh yeah and once we got the door way roughed in we realized only one table would fit on that side not two. Probably need to get some more chairs...Umm, but I scored at Garden Ridge here in Elvistown.

I got the cutest frige on the planet on ebay though. And loungy type sit-and-sip-your-coffee-and-read chairs at Ashley furniture. So you know how cheap they are?? Three leather chairs, delivered for like a tad over a thousand dollars. Nice ones. The deal is you have to wait three weeks--comes right from the factory--no warehousing costs.

We got the floor all ripped up putting in the plumbing. Huge pile of let's make mud-pie mud fodder in the middle of the floor and two big holes outside on either side of the sidewalk. Sheesh I hate all that plumbing stuff. The jack hammers blew our ears off, man.

Anyway...it's looking more like a bookstore plus coffee, tea and snacks...

If time is not a factor could I suggest you ask your local school districts high school industrial arts departments (wood shop). Like all of them within 50 square miles. Could be advantageous for all concerned.

"And in the meantime, listen to your appetite and play with your food."

Alton Brown, Good Eats