• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

5 minutes ago, BooBear said:

The wings are just fried (no flour). & I toss them in the hot sauce butter mixture. Many of the recipes online say to use only butter and hot sauce. I've tried adding garlic powder and honey to the sauce (the wings have more of a depth of flavor with these additions). Even with those additions, I still feel like I'm missing something.

Sorry, but these questions were not directed towards your wings, but the ones you are comparing them to …

And FWIW, you can always google the „copycat“ recipes (e.g. this one for example) and see according to the feedback how close the individual recipe gets to the real deal. Still need to follow the recipe and cook the wings, though …

Duvel

Duvel

1 minute ago, BooBear said:

The wings are just fried (no flour). & I toss them in the hot sauce butter mixture. Many of the recipes online say to use only butter and hot sauce. I've tried adding garlic powder and honey to the sauce (the wings have more of a depth of flavor with these additions). Even with those additions, I still feel like I'm missing something.

Sorry, but these questions were not directed towards your wings, but the ones you are comparing them to …