• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Opening of new PF Chang's Restaurant

I'm very biased in favor of Vietnamese food but even if I weren't...  I'd venture to guess that any of the Vietnamese restaurants in the Capital District will be far superior to P.F. Changs not to mention better than nearly all of the Chines restaurants in town.

I haven't visited there yet but My Linh  on Delaware Ave has an impressive menu. Judging by the web site and the menu I think they're trying to offer some upscale appeal with some pricier and more complex entrees than the typical Vietnamese place offers. But they also have tried and true favorites like Pho and Goi Ga (chicken salad) at reasonable prices that parallel what I pay at neighborhood formica table style Vietnamese places in Syracuse or elsewhere.

Friends and family have been to My Linh but I haven't as of yet. But I will give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.