• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Apple Pies -- Bake-Off VIII

Kerry Beal

Anna, I bet your grandchild would love it too. What a great idea, particularly with Halloween around the corner.

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

Rob - first of all it's gorgeous. I can't tell from the picture -- did the apples get nice and soft? And did the cinnamon stick flavour the whole thing? No extra sprinkling?

Thanks. The apples got soft but not mushy. I think they baked around 35 minutes, but I was more concerned with the external color than watching the time. The cinnamon infused, which was nice instead of having an overly strong cinnamon flavor.

gfron:

I fell in love with your idea. I had never thought on doing something like that. And the cinnamon stick looks sooo cute. You can bet I'm going to prepare some of your creative whole apple apple pie .

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by alma (log)