• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Shrimp with Bacon, Chilis and Mint

LoveToEatATL

Hi All,

Does anyone have this recipe from Gourmet Magazine? I'm supposed to teach an informal cooking class next Wednesday and thought it would be the perfect dish to start with.

This particular Gourmet has a peach tart on the cover and has recipes from Thomas Keller in it.

Help?

Thanks!

Patti

Patti Davis

www.anatomyofadinnerparty.com

Hi All,

Does anyone have this recipe from Gourmet Magazine?  I'm supposed to teach an informal cooking class next Wednesday and thought it would be the perfect dish to start with.

This particular Gourmet has a peach tart on the cover and has recipes from Thomas Keller in it.

Help?

Thanks!

Patti

Have you tried to search on epicurious.com? Most of Gourmet's recipes are there.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Even better: replace the mint with strips of jalapeno.

Stuff six 21/25 deveined-butterflied shrimp (leave tails on) with asadero cheese, the jalapeno, and wrap with a third of a slice of bacon; skewer with a toothpick; in a hint of olive oil, saute for two or three minutes over medium heat; plate with a dribble of heated chipotle/tomatillo sauce: Camarones Diablos - been serving them for thirty years...

Stuff six 21/25 deveined-butterflied shrimp (leave tails on) with asadero cheese, the jalapeno, and wrap with a third of a slice of bacon; skewer with a toothpick; in a hint of olive oil, saute for two or three minutes over medium heat; plate with a dribble of heated chipotle/tomatillo sauce: Camarones Diablos - been serving them for thirty years...

...no reason to get rid of the mint, I say: shrimp, mint, tomatillo, and chipotle are very kind to each other. just scatter a touch of mint over top before serving maybe?

Edited by markemorse (log)

No can do. It's an entree.

I was really hoping someone could help me. I've been on epicurious. Not there.

Patti Davis

www.anatomyofadinnerparty.com