• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pumpkin Ravioli in New Jersey

DonnaMarieNJ

Haven't checked yet, but I'm guessing that some of the buy-it-and-make-it-at-home opportunities for these will increase tenfold in the coming weeks. I'm thinking of places like Maria's (?) in Wayne, just where Rts 23 and 46 meet outside of Willowbrook Mall...it's so easy to throw 'em in w/some brown butter and sage...and oh, why did you get me thinking about these?!? :raz: Whole Foods usually sells them this time of year as well. You might check and see if Trattoria Fresco is serving them, too.

Since I'm a pumpkin freak, I can tell you that the WF in W. Orange has pumpkin (Ciao Bello) gelato, Sweet Avenue Bakery in Rutherford has pumpkin spice cupcakes, and pumpkin ice cream should be out at Applegate Farms by now. And...and...

Now if we could just get the temperature to match our autumnal food palates. Grrr.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

How's THAT for a cross-posting?!? :laugh:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

I already have my butternut squash...I suppose now I have to turn it into ravioli :wink:

t

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

Lentinas in Lyndhurst / No Arlington border witll order them for you and will get you butternut squash ravioli as well. I just ordered some yesterday and will have it by Thursday.

Heuriger Wein is mein Lieblingswein!

Coincidentally I got some pumpkin tortellini from Whole Foods salad bar last night. Sweet red peppers & some kind of light honey/orange sauce. I was concerned it would be too sweet & cloying but it wasn't, everything was nicely balanced.

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845

It's not ravioli, but for all you pumpkin freaks, read this! Sharin' the love, folks. Sharin' the love. :raz:

According to a post here, the Italian deli next to Il Villagio on Rt. 10 in Parsippany has pumpkin ravioli...

• 1 year later...

...and for super market ice cream, Edy's pumpkin is quite good..as is the Slow Churned version...which is lower fat...Oh, Yum. I found it being hidden in the back by the grocery clerks at one of the local Shop Rites..seemed pretty funny to me. :smile::smile:

Last week I had one large pumpkin raviolo at Culinariane in Montclair. It was very good. I would have preferred small individual raviolis, but that is what they had. Sometimes Basilico in Millburn has them at this time of the year.

Susan

• 2 weeks later...