• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Family friendly in Leeds city center

It has been left to the two childless people to sort out a uni mates get-together of 30-something friends (that's our age not how many of us there is!) and their kids in Leeds on Saturday (why they couldn't leave the little ankle biters at home and have a blessed night off I don't know). So does anyone have suggestions for family friendly places for lunch and evening dinner? We have two babies (but only during day), a toddler and a 4/5 y-o.

We are staying within the city centre itself so places outside this aren't a possibility. Help oh wise ones, please!

Whilst I wouldn't go as far as to agree with it's "gourmet" description, there's a post fish and chip shop quite central called Battered may do for your lunch.battered

It doesn't say anything on the website about kids, but there were a few kicking about when I was in and getting well looked after by the staff.

Croma which is a pizza mini-chain wasn't bad, in fact the smoked haddock and egg pizza was fantastic. Quite central and quite relaxed. Croma

Good luck.

Edited by andy83 (log)

30+ people - that's a huge group!! not been to Croma (or in fact heard of it! and I couldn't make the web-link work when I clicked through) .. but another reasonable mid-range Italian would be Brio's.

Depending on what style of food you wanted - maybe Anthony's at Flannels?

Reliance is a relaxed place up on North St .. used to be very good - not been for some time, but that might work for lunch if you could take over the back room.

but must admit, am struggling to think of child friendly places that aren't the chains of Pizza Express and Loch Fyne ..

Cheers YKL, I might have a look at Brio - I think Italian is balanced choice for a large group (of 10 adults and 2 kids, 30+ is our age group). Personally I'd love to go to Anthonys but hey, another time :smile: Think lunch is less of a pressing issue as the husbands are all buggering off to watch the rugby in the pub so it'll be a smaller group of women and babies for lunch.

Thanks both of you!