• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Non-dairy quiches

Lior

Well, things are not too hot on the Frittata!! I had problems with the potatoes sticking to the pan while frying! I decided to do a frittata in a casserole dish in the oven as my only large enough pan is all oily and burnt and maybe not big enough! I hope this won't be a post for regrettable dishes!! Here is a pic before the egg is added!! I will post the final result ,gallery_53591_4944_119790.jpgtoo.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and I'm delighted that your frittata disappeared. I'm too late to add much here, but should something similar come up in the future I suggest you google a big recipe website like epicurious.com and search for strata. A strata is a savoury bread pudding which incorporates lots of eggs. Milk and cheese are standard ingredients, but could easily be omitted, especially with the addition of stuff like caramelized onions, mushrooms, fresh herbs etc.

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com