• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner for 11-12 Oct 8

wfnugent

I just found out that I need to host a business dinner in the Center City area on Monday night for 11-12 people. Can anyone suggest a suitable place?

It is a Man dinner - steaks are good, big fish same.

Please - any ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Bill

"There are people who strictly deprive themselves of each and every eatable, drinkable, and smokable which has in any way acquired a shady reputation. They pay this price for health. And health is all they get for it. How strange it is. It is like paying out your whole fortune for a cow that has gone dry." - Mark Twain

"Please pass the bacon." - Me

Can do, easy!

Naturally, I can't be sure if Twenty Manning is particularly suited to a "man" dinner, but it's in the name. Got a few special menus for you to look at, too.

PM/email me for more info.

"What was good enough yesterday may not be good enough today." - Thomas Keller

Twenty Manning for a dinner with the guys? Cmon. Shilling is a no-no here.

I'd choose Fogo de Chao, at Juniper & Chestnut for the Argentinian take on rodizio, with lots of skewered meat, an impressive service staff and a jovial tone to the whole place.

I'd also consider Nineteen atop the Park Hyatt at The Bellevue for an impressive raw bar, a swank bar, a world referenced menu and a breathtaking airy view at night.

Edited by Rich Pawlak (log)

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

I'd choose Fogo de Chao, at Juniper & Chestnut for the Argentinian take on rodizio, with lots of skewered meat, an impressive service staff and a jovial tone to the whole place.

Just what came to mind when I read the original post. Fun stuff!

Try Davio's (17th & Chestnut?). They certainly meet your specifications and I think they have the ability to close off certain segments of the restaurant to give some element of privacy. If you are actually looking to conduct business or have business discussions, this might be a bit more what you are looking for as opposed to Fogo de Chao, where servers will be buzzing around to carve you meat.