• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TelAviv, Jerusalem, Haifa, Eilat & beyond

Anonymouze

We're heading out for a month to Israel and would love links and/or addresses of restaurants you strongly recommend as NOT to miss!

My first stop will be an oldie but goodie from my teens when I lived in Israel... Batya in Tel Aviv, I'm sure it is as good, if not better than I remember it.

I'm looking for no-holds-barred restaurants that have a great view and good (preferably great) food and has a bit of variety. A tasting menu is a plus.

I'm not particularly into one kind of food so the more types/choices the better.

If it helps I'm not into "greens" (I'm on an anti-vegan kick)

and not into mussels/clams/oysters "stuff in the shell" but I love conch, scallops, crabmeat, lobster, lemon sole and the like!

I have the hotel, the flight, the car and the money... now where to go?!

Thanks everyone for any and all help you can send my way in advance.

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.