• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cantonese in San Francisco

TopperMom

My husband and I and 2 couples will be in SF the end of October and would like to go to a Cantonese restaurant. I have read many posts here and tried to make reservations at R&G Lounge based on the suggestions in this forum. Unfortunately, one of the ladies in our group is mobility impaired and R&G could not accomodate us for the night we requested (she said the downstairs was already reserved). We are staying in the Nob Hill area (Stanford Court), but will have transportation. Our friend is not wheelchair bound, but cannot manage more than a few stairs. Can anyone suggest a great Cantonese place? Thanks.

I have a friend who also uses a wheelchair and finding a restaurant that is accessible is more difficult than I thought. Other than being able to maneuver through the restaurant, bathroom is often the issue.

The one Cantonese restaurant I can think of that would work well space wise is South Sea Seafood Village in the Sunset. Make sure to let them know about the wheelchair so they can reserve a table on the main floor. Food is actually quite good though it's a little pricey.