• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A&P Fresh

Double 0

I know that alot of people are pissed at A&P but a "new" A&P has opened up here and it looks pretty good. The grand opening was yesterday and it was packed with suits from corporate and customers. The store is on the smallish side and it appears to be copying the Wegmans/Kings model. High grade cheese, cold cuts, meats , poultry and fish. A nice looking bakery with in store baked breads(Ace brand) and a good looking produce section. They have heirloom tomatoes and baby veg. The store is a little confusing because it is small. I think they should have put this in their flagship Woodcliffe Lake store and just renovated this store. They're open 7am to 12 midnight and carry enough gourmet varieties to make it a decent choice around here, although there is a kings two towns away.

Edited by Double 0 (log)

I'm a NYC expat. Since coming to the darkside, as many of my freinds have said, I've found that most good things in NYC are made in NJ.

• 4 weeks later...

I remember reading an article in the Record that this is A&P's newstore design. They have the same concept in Allendale and Midland Park. They are trying to be more of a grab and go specialty kind of store and are leaving the big store concept to Shop Rite and Pathmark. The one in Allendale was fairly nice at first but lately they seem to be running out of a lot of weekly special things and the quality, in my opinion, isn't any better than it used to be.