• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hiring a chef

andrewB

I am coming back to the states after being in Slovakia for 6 years now. The restaurant where I am consulting at present has asked me to try and find them an American Chef to fill a position in their steakhouse restaurant.

Does anyone out there know of any places to look for chefs, particularly ones who want to go to Europe? Most sites require paying a listing fee which is not possible at the moment.

thanks for the help...

I wouldn't consider changing my life to go work for a company which didn't have the resources to pay a listing fee.

Especialy in that part of the world; a red flag if ever there was one. When I see what some "headhunters" and placement firms charege for placement it makes my head spin. Epecialy when one of the reps calls offering me an asingment and I have already seen it in the paper.

The good Dr. said "If you don't pay you don't get better." and another dude pointed out you often get what you pay for.

Living hard will take its toll...

I wouldn't consider changing my life to go work for a company which didn't have the resources to pay a listing fee.

Wasn't really the point of the post..

Now having resources, can anyone recommend a good site to search for cook resumes and post a listing?

Now having resources, can anyone recommend a good site to search for cook resumes and post a listing?

Monster.com and careerbuilder seem to be the bestwith Dice.com comming in third. You may be able to do some internet searches to find specialty board for the industry.

Living hard will take its toll...