• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Clay pot mushrooms

maher

on a recent trip to Shanghai, i came across two different dishes of clay pot mushrooms. One, at a small traditional restaurant in the old part of the city, seemed to have quite a bit of rice wine in it. it was a bit tart and the wine really came through. the other was at the Shangri La hotel, and was practically a mushroom daube. it could easily have been made in Switzerland or France.

What both had in common was that they were absolutely phenomenal. they are among the best dishes I had on my trip (and this from a committed carnivore).

Im looking for suggestions/recipes/ingredients that people have for replicating these dishes or exploring more clay pot mushroom cookery... im totally hooked...