• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Napa Rose at the Grand Californian

syrah girl

Has anyone dined here lately and was it good? We are pretty set on celebrating our anniversary dinner here the end of this year. After a day in DL, dinner here sounds nice before heading over to Laguna Beach for 3 nights. Would love recs for a couple of nice dinners here also and some casual places (Mexican food) for a couple of lunches in the area.

Our Bed & Breakfast sounds like it serves some good, substantial food for breakfast in the morning, there are no restaurants at the place we will be staying. Thanks for all the help, we fell in love with Laguna when we stayed at the Montage last year and can't wait to spend some quality time here on our trip. :)

Syrah,

We celebrated my f-i-l's and my birithdays at the Napa Rose 2 weeks ago and had a wonderful evening. I can highly recommend the "Lamb served 2 ways." The salmon dish was well executed also.

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

I ate there in June and it was good. We called the day of and asked for reservations and were told they were booked, but, we showed up anyway, and were seated immediately.

Desserts were a little dissappointing, just your standard up-scale type things.....flourless choclate cake, creme brulee, etc. They weren't bad, just didn't seem to have anything "original" in the dessert portion.

The Best Oceanfront Laguna Dining is at Clae's (Hotel Laguna) with their new Chef (Todd). Call in advance to arrange a Tasting Menu if you like. $65- is a deal and the food is much better than Sapphire which has been inconsistent. Stonehill Tavern is overrated. Cafe Zoolu is fun but more casual.

Has anyone dined here lately and was it good?  We are pretty set on celebrating our anniversary dinner here the end of this year.  After a day in DL, dinner here sounds nice before heading over to Laguna Beach for 3 nights.  Would love recs for a couple of nice dinners here also and some casual places (Mexican food) for a couple of lunches in the area.

Our Bed & Breakfast sounds like it serves some good, substantial food for breakfast in the morning, there are no restaurants at the place we will be staying.    Thanks for all the help, we fell in love with Laguna when we stayed at the Montage last year and can't wait to spend some quality time here on our trip.  :)